Blockchain and smart contracts are not just fintech tools. These technologies have shaped a world without borders, based on decentralization. Communicating in loop languages, only programmers really understand how blockchain works and why most smart contracts are vulnerable. Despite this, there is work in the field of cryptocurrencies for specialists who make digital products convenient and understandable for the end-user and popularize them. The article discusses the posts by the tag “cryptocurrency vacancies” and identifies specialties that have sufficient demand, but a small offer.
Who to work without knowing programming languages
For clarity, the statistics of job search in the blockchain sphere presents the result of a survey of 241 users of the telegram channel Crypto HeadHunter.
The diagram clearly shows that representatives of IT specialties, management, marketers, copywriters, traders, and analysts are looking for work. Least of all SMM-specialists, traffic-managers, and support-specialists. These posts are worth considering in more detail.
The traffic manager is involved in the development and implementation of a traffic purchasing strategy, managing paid traffic channels on Google Adwords, Facebook, Twitter, LInkedin, Double click and monitoring the work of external traffic purchasing agencies.
- A mathematical approach to marketing.
- knowledge of contextual and targeted advertising technologies.
- Knowledge of web analytics systems (GA, YM).
- Knowledge of the features of ICO advertising and crypto projects.
- Knowledge of mobile tracking systems.
Salary: $ 2,000.
The SMM manager leads the communities of Bitcointalk, Medium, Facebook, Twitter, Telegram, Instagram, YouTube, Reddit, compiles and develops a content plan, viral advertising campaigns, monitors statistics and engages in guerrilla marketing.
- Experience in SMM from 3 years.
- Work with cryptocurrency (the ability to install and use crypto-wallets).
- Maintaining targeted advertising.
- Experience with Pepper.ninja or the Cerebro Target service.
- The ability to write in different styles.
- Knowledge and experience in all of the above channels.
- Knowledge of the cryptocurrency market, ICO, blockchain technology, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of the Russian language.
- The level of English is not lower than the upper-intermediate.
Salary: $ 900.
The probability of finding a job as an SMM manager is high, since there are not so many representatives of this specialty with sufficient work experience, and the demand among employers exceeds the supply.
SEO-specialist – a position that involves the compilation of semantic kernels, the development of a strategy for promoting content, SEO / ASO analytics, site audit by content.
- Excel Expertise.
- Knowledge of HTML, JS.
- Work with Xenu, key collector, Screaming frog.
- Analytical mind.
- Experience SEO specialist from 3 years.
- English is at least Advanced.
Salary: $ 1,300.
The community manager should organize community support in Discord, Telegram and Bitcointalk, post news on Twitter, manage interactive communications with the target audience (contests, Bounty programs, special projects, surveys, etc.), collect feedback from users and inform its developers.
- Experience working as a community manager or moderator in visited cryptocurrency forums, maintaining constant activity.
- High communication skills.
- The ability to learn and learn a lot of new information.
- English at the native speaker level.
Salary: $ 800.
The first person to become a blockchain developer provided himself $ 19 billion with just one development.
Consider the most popular blockchain vacancies in 2018.
Blockchain developer – a position that involves the creation of a commercial product using blockchain technologies, integration with other systems (banks, electronic payment systems) for all trading operations, development of cryptocurrency processing.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of the functioning of blockchain systems.
- Development experience of 5 years.
- Knowledge of JS JS, experience in using AWS SQS message queues, NoSQL and SQL databases, Kafka-React.js, working with Docker, experience in creating REST, Websocket, Angular 2+ microservices.
- Knowledge of software development patterns, basic algorithms.
- Experience in creating automated tests.
- Proven experience with Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- Knowledge of the principles of functioning of servers and p2p networks.
- Work with cryptography and network protocols.
Blockchain specialist salary: $ 2500-3000.
A smart contract developer is involved in the creation and testing of smart contracts. Despite the growing popularity of EOS, Ethereum remains the main platform for developing smart contracts.
- Experience in developing smart contracts on the Ethereum blockchain.
- Strong knowledge of algorithms, data structures.
- Strong knowledge of cryptography, understanding of cryptographic protocols.
- Knowledge of network programming.
- Experience in developing highly loaded fault-tolerant systems, an understanding of consensus algorithms, and experience in low-level programming.
Salary: $ 2,000.
The project manager does not apply to blockchain vacancies, as it is not a technical position. The manager manages the project, forms a team of programmers and testers, builds development cycles, works with motivation, team cohesion, communicates the corporate culture and tracks individual results. Most often PMs become after the experience of a tester or developer.
- PM work experience of 3 years.
- Required knowledge of programming languages.
- Experience in an Agile team.
- Work in the Jira / Confluence environment.
- English (according to the international IELTS system> 6).
Salary: $ 1,300.
Features of work in the crypto world
There are separate sites for finding work in the crypto community. For example, international cryptocurrency jobs or Russian coins.expert.
- Remote work in the field of cryptocurrencies is more common than in other niches. At least 40% of employers offer long-distance collaboration.
- Technical education is welcome.
- New projects regularly update job listings.
- The vast majority of posts require knowledge of the English language.
- An understanding of the principles of cryptocurrencies and interaction with them is necessary.
The main requirement for the employee is a sincere interest and enthusiasm for the blockchain world.